Sunday, October 18, 2009

34 Weeks and Bed Rest

We are now at 34 weeks and feeling good. Unfortunately I am now on bed rest for the next few weeks. The baby is doing great and I feel great, but twice this week I went to the doctor straight from work and my blood pressure was too high for me. My doctor said that it meant I was done with work. I am now allowed to get up to shower and fix a meal and I get to drive myself to the doctor twice a week. Ben now has to do all the cleaning, cooking and work. He is doing a wonderful job and is definitely always making sure I am resting. Unfortunately, it meant cancelling our baby shower and I am unable to be the matron of honor in one of my best friend's wedding coming up this weekend and can not even attend. However, it also great to see all the prayers and love from family and friends. We are on many prayer lists and have gotten many offers for help with cleaning and cooking. My family visited this weekend and made meals, cleaned and did grocery shopping and laundry for us as well as helped me pack my bag and wash baby clothes. Ben's mom has also offered to come down and help us every week if we need and so I am definitely grateful that they live so close and we will be taking her up on her offer. We also have great friends that have offered to make us a meal during the week and lots of offers to come visit me as many people know I am not someone who just sits around, thus probably the cause of the high blood pressure.
Ben has a busy week with his fall retreat this weekend, but he is still finding the time to make sure I am well taken care of. Even with all this going on we did manage to have our yearly pumpkin carving (3 years and counting) and dinner with our awesome friends Katie and Andy. Katie and Kellie also brought some of the shower to our family and I this Saturday and brought cupcakes and made a great necklace for me with charms from family and friends for me to have during delivery.
Ben and his dad did some work on quieting the garage for the baby while the ladies opened gifts. Ben's mom took some pictures of the weekend, which was great since I forgot.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh Emily,
I'm so sorry you're having to be on bedrest - I truly understand how not fun it is. That said, I am very thankful you are on bedrest!! I feel certain that had I been on bedrest sooner with Will - he would not have come so early. (at 32 weeks because of preeclampsia, in case you forgot.) Bedrest with Adeline lasted from weeks 32 to 37.

I'll be praying for you and baby! Do you have any other preeclampsia signs yet? Or is it still just high bp's?

At least you've got some time to update your blog for us blog stalkers... :)

Ben and Emily Holden said...

Thanks for the prayers. We have not developed preeclampsia yet. I just have high blood pressure, but all my swelling is gone and I even lost weight since last Thursday. The baby is sufferring no signs of my blood pressure and tomorrow we will be at 35 weeks. So we are in a good place, just trying to keep her in there another 2 or more weeks, but she is extremely healthy and even a little fatter than she should be at this point, so God is definitely taking great care of us.