Thursday, July 12, 2012

Buzzy the Bumblebee

My friend Kellie told me about a great story time at a place called the Author Squad. It is an awesome store full of literary tools for kids and tons of books. They also do a story time twice a week with a craft to follow. Ms. Kirsten, the storyteller, does an amazing job and remembers the kids names from week to week. This week it was all about bees. I have a book called Buzzy from my teaching years that I read to Ellie occasionally and when she made her bee she told me it was Buzzy and we of course have had to read that story multiple times since making our very own Buzzy. She did a great job with the craft doing all the glue by herself and after I showed her how to draw his stripes she added several more on her own. We look forward to our new story time every week.


Of course she requested a picture with Buzzy when she got home!

No comments: