Sunday, February 23, 2014

14 Weeks

Our little one is at 14 weeks. It seems this time around I am showing a lot earlier than I did with Quinn. I guess the third time around the little one already wants to be known. For the most part things are going smooth. I have some different symptoms and already have gestational diabetes. I am on a special diet for the remainder of my pregnancy because of the diabetes, but the diet keeps the baby and I healthy and my weight low and disappears as soon as the baby arrives. Since I had it with Quinn, I know the routine so it is easier to adapt and like the dietitian said, the options out there are many more than when I had Quinn two years ago, so for food I have a larger variety to choose from. The girls continue to be excited and like to kiss the baby by kissing my belly. Quinny will also say "Hi Baby!" to my belly and she knows exactly where "Mommy's Baby" is. We are looking forward to my appointment in two weeks. The girls get to come with me for the first time and they will be able to hear the heartbeat.








2 comments:

Becky said...

Woohoo....you're already big! Looks good on you! I'm sorry about the diabetes. The diet, while helping to control that, will also help you with your weight control. You look beautiful! I love you!

By the way, when is Ben going to get the new bed and dresser for Quinn built?? In his spare time??? ;-)

Unknown said...

So excited for you, Emily and Ben!! This is beyond thrilling! We're long overdue for a catch-up, but I am praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy and that you'll be able to cherish these last few months as a family of four!