Saturday, October 25, 2014

New Adventures

A moving company came and packed up our home in Charlotte and the very next day we loaded up in a packed van and ventured out on the two day drive to our new home. We were excited and looking forward to what awaited us! The trip was long and Ben and I went to places we have never been before. We are excited to be on a new journey for both of us. We have been in a season of prayer and waiting on what God wanted for our family and He answered us in a way we could have never imagined. We are excited about all that is ahead and are at such peace at where He has an is leading us. We are now settled in to our new home, a 3 bedroom furnished town home owned by the church, and adjusting to our new life and exploring new places. We have hit the ground running as with kids you can not just sit around. We have visited parks, located our shopping places for groceries, are checking out different areas, meeting new families and meeting our new pediatrician and dentist. This coming week will bring even more adventures and we are eagerly looking forward to them. Ben and I keep saying to each other how much we really like it here. We are so thankful to be here and grateful for all those around us that have really loved on our family in every step of the way both in Charlotte and here. Here are a few pictures of our journey here and our first few days!


 Watching a movie while the only house they have ever known was packed up around them. 


Growing up I have never lived in one home my whole life. This home was the longest I lived in one house and though my past experience has prepared me for this and made it easier for me in many ways that last morning as Ben prayed for our family for the last time in our home the emotions did get the better of me for a second. It is the home Ben and I brought all our girls home to and is the house that Ellie and Quinn walked for the first time and had their first birthdays. It is a home that has seen many joyful moments and moments of great challenge. Though we will look fondly on our home in Charlotte, at the end of the day it is only a house and you make a home where your heart is and my heart is my family. No matter where we live as long as we are together is all that matters. 

Windmills in Indiana! They were everywhere! We had never seen anything like it and it was amazing! 
 Chicago

As we drove through the plains we saw a double rainbow. This is the best picture we got, but it was unbelievable and the most bright and clear rainbow I had ever seen. God has really been showing up in our lives. We also saw an amazing rainbow at the beach. He always knows when to give you the assurance that He is in control and you are walking on the right path.
 An amazing park the girls and I have been going to near the house. What a view!

 Some delicious bread and amazing vanilla bean honey brought over by a new friend from church!
 Ready for the park!
 Another day at the park!
 Eating lunch on the screened in back porch!
 Such a cutie!
A beautiful little lady got her first library card since she is almost 5! To say she is excited is an understatement! We love the library in our family! 
 This little lady was sending good luck pictures to her Uncle Drew and Miss B as they took our new cousin Cooper home from the hospital on this day!

 Our first Sunday at our new church!
 Exploring some more new parks!

This girl and her sticks!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Such an exciting time in your lives. I was also sad as Charlotte was one of my favorite places (after Nashville, of course!) and I enjoyed my drives through the mountains to get there. To see the evidence of God working in your lives and your willingness to embrace it makes me very happy. I know He has great plans for all of you. I can't wait to make my first trip to Minnesota and see all the new places along the way. It helps to know that you have such a loving faith family receiving you there. I love you all!