Monday, March 7, 2016

January 2016

We have started a new year and I could not be happier to close the 2015 book! 2015 was one of the hardest years of my life for many reasons, one huge one being the loss of my grandparents, which still hits me at various moments. It was a year that has challenged me and our family in ways we never expected and has given us experiences that were both great and harder than we desired. I went into 2015 with great expectation and excitement never dreaming what it would actually bring. As we begin 2016 I am looking at it with no expectation as 2015 taught me that anything can and will happen and you have to hang on and trust God, knowing He is in control even when you can not fathom to understand all that is happening around you. This year I am going to enjoy every moment I can with my girls and Ben and find contentment in those moments. We closed out 2015 with sickness and continued with sickness until around the end of February. Someone here told me Minnesota germs were no joke and they were not kidding! By the end of the 2 months every one of us had been sick and in some cases multiple times. We battled flu, pink eye, more than once and with multiple kids, our first ear infections, multiple kids, flu again and strep throat. It was rough, but we are seeing some warmer temps now in mid-March (60, which is warm here) and hoping to get rid of the germs once and for all! Because of all our sickness my picture taking was not that present, so we have just a few pictures from our month.

 Discovered a new place to play!
 Trying to create polar bears at home while we were sick and missing school!
 Drawing polar bears!
We went to the zoo to see the polar bears. We braved the elements and our sick bodies. I promised Ellie when she missed polar bear day I would take her to the zoo to see them. We did it, but the polar bears were no where to be found! Last time Quinn, Mia and I went they were swimming and playing, so it was a little bit of a bummer, but we visited the other animals and got to see some of them playing in the snow.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am so sorry for all the sickness! I understand as it seems to have been the same here. Once one person got sick it passed around. With Cooper going to daycare with other kids now he gets to bring home all the germs and share!!

2015 was a rough year with situations I was not planning on enduring for a little while yet. It seems like yesterday they were here and then gone. With hindsight, you can see God's hand in the way things happened. He knew what was best and how things should go. How wonderfully blessed we were to have them as parents and grandparents!! You are an awesome result of their influence and I am so thankful for that!

I love you.