Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. It is a true gift to be the mother to two beautiful and healthy little girls that I happen to think are the most beautiful girls around :). I have wanted to be a Mom since I was very young and when I was 5 I said I wanted to be a teacher, a wife and a mom and I have to say that God has given me the true desires of my heart. Every day is full of challenges and joys and I am stretched and challenged as a mom and as a woman of Christ. I pray daily and sometimes by the minute that I am the mother that my children need and deserve and that I give them not only love, laughter and fun but that I know how to train and shape the will God has given them. It is only through God's guidance and leading that I am able to be the mom I am and that I am able to become the mom I want to be every day.
At this stage my special day is driven by Ben since the girls are too young to even know the day is any different than the rest. My special day actually started a few days early when my own mom sent me flowers (sunflowers and pink roses, which are some of my favorites) to let me know how much she loved me and thought of me as a mom. On Sunday, we went to church and got to introduce Quinn to a lot of people and some very special people in our lives. Then the girls and I ran a few errands and then the girls took a nap and I even got a little nap in too. Ben does not have Maxlife on Mother's Day so it is nice to have him home all afternoon. He got me my beautiful hanging baskets for our front porch, which I love, from him and the girls and then he got a cards from him and one each from the girls, Ellie adds her own artwork to hers. I also got cards from other family members and were very special to me. We then went downtown to eat at Mert's, which is a soul food restaurant here in Charlotte. We went there last year and it is very good and also has no line, which is an extra bonus when you have little ones. On the way home stopped for dessert at a favorite place of mine for some salted caramel brownies. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day full of feeling very loved from my family both immediate and extended as well as friends!




1 comment:

Becky said...

Such a good picture of you and the girls! Ellie looks so grown up! I am so proud of you and you are such a good mom! I love you all!