Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tennessee Adventures!!!

After Ben finished Maxlife Mission Week, the next week we were off to see my family in Tennessee. We had been counting down and Ellie and I had a paper chain to countdown the days with. We had not seen my family since Thanksgiving as my Mom has been battling breast cancer since January so they have been unable to come here and I was pregnant and had Quinn so I was unable to travel there. They were so excited to see us and see the girls. They got to meet Quinn for the first time and Ellie was now talking like crazy so that was great for them to get to see. Ellie loves her Nana and PopPop (my parents) and her Uncle Drew and Miss B (my brother and his girlfriend) as well as she got to see Grandmary and PawPaw (my grandparents), who she prays for every night. We had a great time spending time together, playing with bubbles, going to the pool, playing in the creek and going to the park. Ellie also had s'mores for the first time. I turned 31 while we were there and my parents had a party for me and Brittany (Miss B) as she had turned 24 the week before. It was great to get to spend my birthday with family and friends and to share the celebration with Brittany!

I love my family very much and it is hard to be far from them especially now that I have children of my own. The girls see Ben's family more frequently, which is great, and I wish we all lived closer so she could see both sides of the family more frequently. I also love to watch my girls with my brother. Ben thinks my brother must have the same kid gene my Dad does as kids flock to my Dad and Ellie is that way with my brother too. She likes to snuggle him and play with him and he is a big kid and will play whatever she wants to. She also loves to be with Miss B and will call her on her pretend phone at home. (I think it must be that they are so young and cooler than Dad and Mom :)) Quinn also took right to them all. She is so laid back and she loves to have people hold her.

We had a great time and miss them so much already! We can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving!!!


















































3 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Great fun and lasting memories! We are so very thankful for both of you and what awesome parents you are to Ellie and Quinn. We have been very blessed with all four of our wonderful children (Ben, Emily, Andrew and Brittany) and our amazing grandchildren!!!

Trina said...

I couldn't agree with mom anymore!!! You all are so very blessed! Looks like you all had such a wonderful time! Love all the pictures!! xoxo