Friday, December 13, 2013

Little Gardeners

Ben did LOTS of yard work in the past couple months. He completely ripped out our entire front yard as it is on a slope and struggles every year. He rented all the machines, tore the whole thing out and replanted the whole yard. I think it looks GREAT! It is very green. He, of course, is his biggest critic and sees all the holes, but I don't. He then freshened up all our mulch this Friday and told Ellie they would plant a special garden in a place he had ripped dead plants from. She wasn't supposed to tell me about it, but she said I could know they were going to make the garden but not what plants would be in it. (Apparently, Ben told her not tell me at all.) Sometimes she is great at secrets and sometimes not. :) Ellie got all ready with her gardening gear and tools and they did some great planting. Quinn was upset she could not help, so I let her go out for a little while and Ellie shared her rake. Since it is the fall, there is not much to show of the finished garden as the rose bush is not in bloom, but I will be sure to post when their garden grows.






1 comment:

Becky said...

The yard looked great Thanksgiving. Definitely the best looking in the neighborhood! Love the gardening outfit!