Monday, July 11, 2011

Special Visitors

Ben's sister and her family recently moved to Raleigh and we are so excited to have them closer. They cam down to visit us for a few days and we were so excited. We got to hang out a lot. I got to cook lots of meals and use the awesome recipes and training my mom has given to me and I have to say her recipes were a hit! We went to the park, a spray park (which was more crowded than I had ever seen, but Ellie had a great time!) and we went to the Raptor Center. The Raptor Center is a place that rescues and takes care of hurt birds. Ben had been there the week before with the middle school students to do a mission project and was excited to take us all there. We have an awesome friend that got all the adults in for free and the kids were all free anyways! It was great to see all these amazing birds up close and I love to see owls up close, so that was a special treat. Everyone had a great time there! We also went to church and the boys had a great time there! The twins and I had a great time learning our letters and spelling words, it brought me back to my teaching days. It was also fun to teach them all about the things I was cooking or doing. Ellie is interested but can't verbalize her interest like they can. Ellie had a great time playing with Jaden, Jackson and Kylie. Kylie and her are warming up to each other and Kylie will even give her a squeezie now, which Ellie loves to give out freely. We are so happy they came to visit and look forward to seeing them more now that they are so close. Unfortunately, I did not get many pictures, we were just having too much fun to stop for taking photos.

No comments: