Friday, April 4, 2014

Warmer Weather and New Treats

We were so excited to welcome some warmer weather. It has felt like we may have skipped over spring and gone from winter to summer. We have been outside every day this week and have enjoyed our walks outside instead of the mall. The girls are LOVING playing outside and I try to finish up most of my work and chores in the morning and during naps so we can spend the afternoon playing outdoors. This week we enjoyed a trip to the park with Ethan and Kendall to feed the ducks. Quinny also sported some pigtails in this hot weather!





Baby and I are enjoying a new treat! A couple nights this week I have enjoyed some coffee with sugar free creamer and some great new protein bars that give me the protein needed and the low carbs I have to maintain while pregnant with this little one. Being creative and prepping my meals is one of the hardest parts of my diet while pregnant, but it is working, my sugar numbers are low and she sounded great this week at the doctor, my weight is also doing great, which helps keep my blood pressure low. We are looking forward to another ultrasound in 8 weeks, just to check her growth and make sure she is not getting too big, as is usual since I have gestational diabetes.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Freedom Park? I bet it is pretty right now with the trees starting to bloom. Glad your report was good at dr.'s. Continue to pray for you and little one.

Doug Holden said...

I eat these Power Crunch bars all the time on my business trips. Great protein to carb ratio, and delicious. Great way to start my day with a good shot of protein, while avoiding the high calorie hotel breakfasts.