Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter 2014

This year Easter fell the day before Quinny's 2nd birthday. It made for a busy time, but one with many memories. Ben had to work most of the weekend so we squeezed in dying eggs Saturday morning and then the girls and I made Easter cookies that afternoon. On Sunday I did Easter baskets with the girls and then we met Ben at church, which was followed by an Easter egg hunt, which Quinny did not enjoy, and then after naps we squeezed in our family Easter egg hunt before Ben headed back to work. It was extra special this year because Ellie is of an age to really begin to understand the reasons behind Easter and why we celebrate it so we had great conversations with her throughout the weekend about why we were celebrating and on the way home from church she told me the Easter story. She is so bright and I love to watch her think and process as she talks to me about what she is learning.

 Dyeing Eggs


 Mommy Making Cookies...
 While the Girls Eat Dough!
 What Quinny does while I decorate!

 What Ellie does while I decorate!

 Easter Baskets! Daddy got one too, but not one for Mommy this year since she is growing a baby!

 Easter Baskets! There was so much excitement, so most of the pictures had blurs. We gave them minimal candy, but they did not mind at all!

 My Easter Girls!
 Hunting Eggs at Home and Church (At church Quinn did not like the eggs in her basket and would make Ben take them out and put them back on the ground, but at home she could not stop picking them up!)


 You have to wear caterpillar rain boots when you hunt eggs, right?


 Our Easter Pictures with the Girls

1 comment:

Becky said...

Of course you have to wear caterpillar boots to hung eggs in!! I love them and wish I had a pair! Looks like you had a very active rabbit in your yard.

And why didn't Quinn want eggs in her basket at church???

Ellie and Quinn ~ your eggs are so pretty! And the cookies look so yummy!