Friday, August 8, 2014

33 Years Young

Monday was my birthday and I turned 33 years young. I had a great birthday. Ben and the girls treated me very good. Ben brought me home lunch and we went out to dinner, which is a huge gift for me as it gives me time off from cooking! I got beautiful flowers and perfect cards that they all picked out especially for me. Ben got a little cake just the perfect size as I could only have a little since it was a special occasion and he gave me a wonderful gift. A couple months ago I lost the back of one of my peridot earrings (which I had for 11 years) and the earring fell off. I was in the house but looked and could never find it. New earrings are not something that is on my list of needs so I have been wearing some I already had, but they were not studs and hung down a little. I am no fuss and usually sleep in my earrings but with dangling ones I had to take them out each day, which meant I barely wore them. Well, observant Ben decided to buy me new ones. He is not a fan of dangling earrings and so he took matters into his own hands and purchased some new BEAUTIFUL peridot studs for my birthday! I LOVE them! He always knows just what to give and is always the best gift giver. I always know his gifts are going to be thoughtful and totally unexpected. I felt very loved and am excited for what this next year is going to bring! I know this year is going to be one that stretches me and is filled with many joys and many times of growth and I am so thrilled to share them with 4 very special people that I could not imagine my life without!

 Birthday Love!
 The girls and my flowers! Quinn and her cheesy!

Love these earrings! 

1 comment:

Becky said...

So sorry you lost one of your earrings. Ben did such a good job picking you out another pair. Your sunflowers are gorgeous too. Love the cake!! Ben, you scored a bunch of brownie points with this birthday!! :-)

See you Sunday (unless you call sooner!).