Thursday, January 11, 2018

A 2nd Grader and a Kindergartener


We finished up summer by checking off the last of our summer list. We always make a summer fun list and make sure to experience all that is on there.

Then our sweet girls started school. It is crazy for Ben and I to think we have a 2nd grader. Ellie is our typical first born. She always follows the rules at school and is always a wonderful friend and example to those around her. She walks Quinn to class each day and brings her to the car every afternoon many times carrying Quinn's stuff for her. She loves to help others and we don't ever worry about her following the rules. She loves school and excels at it. Our girls tell me everything, so I am well informed on her day and all she does. For 2nd grade she has the most wonderful teacher and she is loved and encouraged at school and I could not ask for more as a Momma.

Quinny ventured into Kindergarten this year! She has Ellie's old teacher, who we adore, and she is thriving. Quinn is more of a free spirit and more into social aspects of school. She is all about helping her friends. She has done wonderful at learning and is thriving in her reading. She is all smiles all the time and loves everything about school. She is in class with her best friend, so that is an added bonus that keeps her wanting to be there everyday. 


And our sweet Mia finally gets Mommy all to herself. She is a girl that is feisty and lets her opinion be known. I am never going to have to worry about her. We are getting lots of good time in together and enjoying having playdates and going on adventures. It has been quite a few years since I had only one at home and I am enjoying it. I am sad to see certain times pass, but I always enjoy the next phase as well. She has grown so much in the past few months and she keeps me laughing all day.



These girls are so loved and make us so proud!



1 comment:

Becky said...

My heart melted the first time I saw them walking out of school together. Ellie was carrying Quinny's backpack so Quinny could play briefly on the playground. Such a precious sight to see the sisterhood. I love them so much!

Mia's personality is so cute. You never know what she is going to say. I absolutely adore her when she sings! What a joy to spend time with her!