Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Christmas 2017

Our family loves Christmas! We love cutting down our tree and spending time together. We love looking at lights and getting new jammies. We love to decorate cookies and make treats for our friends and neighbors at Christmas. And we love to read "The Donkey in the Living Room" and are always talking about why we celebrate Christmas to begin with. This year was another great Christmas for us. Any pictures I have are on my phone as I made a deliberate effort to enjoy the moments with my family and not through a lens.






Christmas dresses! Some people were not into the picture! :)

Wreath cupcakes for Jesus' birthday!


Matching jams for the girls and their dolls!

Santa's cookies and milk and of course carrots for the reindeer.

Santa was very good to us this year. 

My special tree! When I was growing up my grandparents had a tree in their living room that had all their gold ornaments on it. They got a new one each year and they were always so beautiful. I grew up with that tree and after my grandfather passed away (when I was pregnant with Ellie) all of us grandkids got a box and letter from my grandmother. My grandfather and her had decided that they wanted each grandchild to receive some of the ornaments. At this point I probably have 30 or so and get a new one from her each year! I love them! They have such meaning for me and I have ones for years that have such meaning to us as a family, such as 2009 (the year Ellie was born) and train ones (which Ben loves trains). This year I decided to get a little tree for them and put it in my foyer so it can be front and center and we can display all of them since our other tree was getting full. I have a feeling this one could get full and I might have to get a bigger tree. ;)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Both trees are beautiful. Treasures memories with the ornaments. I think Pepaw and Ben would have been great friends with their common interest of trains. Love the matching jams!