Sunday, November 15, 2009

Introducing Ellie Rebecca Holden


We are very excited to announce the arrival of Ellie Rebecca Holden. She was born on November 11, 2009 at 2:50 p.m. She is very beautiful and we are so overjoyed to have her her with us perfectly healthy at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
We began the day by checking in to the hospital at 7:30 that morning to induce labor so to avoid the risk of me getting sick. We were both healthy and were ready for her delivery. Once we checked in they started the pitocin and used a very minimal amount and things got going. At about 3-4 centimeters I got an epidural and things were great after that. The nurses told me it could take a while since this was my first pregnancy, so I was prepared for a long day and even night. We had 2 great nurses and we were there only patient's the whole time, so we got great care and support and they took their time comforting, explaining, and supporting Ben and I through the labor and delivery. Their only request was that we have Ellie by 3:00 so they could be there. We of course were happy to oblige. We progressed very quickly and all were impressed since this was my first pregnancy. We started puching and an hour and ten minutes later Ellie was here, again very fast for a first baby. Ben was a wonderful support and the experience was exactly what I prayed for for the past 8 1/2months. We were also extremely blessed to have my mom and Ben's parents there to meet Ellie within an hour of her birth. They were a great support and great at taking my mind off of things in the time before delivery.
We are home and adjusting to our new life at home. Look for pictures of our new life at home in the coming week and how we are adjusting.

Our new family!!!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful Em!!! Love you! xoxo