Sunday, May 16, 2010

My 1st Mommy's Day

This year was my first Mother's Day and it was very special. I have waited a long time to be a mother and it has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. I could not have asked for a more perfect little girl to be a mommy to!

Lucky for me, my celebration lasted for more than one day. It started on Friday with a delivery of sunflowers (one of my favorites) sent by my mom with a very sweet card! Then on Saturday Ellie made me a special card in her Meckidz room at church!



Then on Sunday I got a beautiful Mandevilla that was waiting for me on the back patio when I came downstairs. Sunday, Ellie even slept in until 8:30! When Ben came home from work he gave me my next gift which was a water bottle shaker to mix smoothies. We have been working out around here so it was a great gift to have! We ended our evening with dinner at Bravo and I watched a movie and took a long bath!



A couple days later, as Ellie's schedule allowed, Ben and Ellie made a very special card for me! Daddy helped with words and some of the pictures, but I was told Ellie held a crayon herself and added an artistic touch!



It was a wonderful Mother's day and I am happy to have spent it with my two favorite people!

2 comments:

Becky said...

How precious! Miss Ellie and Daddy did a great job on the card! I can't wait to see what she does for Daddy Day!

Trina said...

Sounds like you had a spectacular Mother's Day :) Em, she is absolutely adorable! Too precious for words!!! xoxo