Monday, April 15, 2013

February Fun

We had a wonderful time in February. Ellie and I went to our first play together. I used to go to plays with my students all the time and loved it, so I couldn't wait to take Ellie to one. One of my MAXlife girls was in "Frog and Toad" at her middle school (which is a wonderful story I used to read to my students) and so Ellie and I went to see her in it. It was so cute and Ellie had a great time! She still talks about it every time we pass the school. (Ellie remembers where everything is, Ben likes to say she has a sense of direction like his!)

We also went to Ethan's birthday party. He is Ellie's best buddy and they love playing together. When he lived across the street we saw them almost every day, now we try to see each other once a week. It was Quinn's first birthday party she was able to attend.

We also celebrated Valentine's and it was Quinn's first. Daddy got us all flowers and got me my usual candy that I LOVE, I know I am very easy to please. Ben and I also went out for a nice dinner a few days later as we had to cancel that night due to sickness still running through our house.

We went to Ben's sister's house to celebrate the boys' 6th birthday and got to see Geep and Gran there as well. It was a nice family celebration and we got a cousin picture as too. That afternoon/evening it snowed and Ellie and I were so excited. We had been waiting on snow for two years. Last year we barely got a dusting and I was losing hope for this year. I really wanted it to snow because Ellie is at such a good age for playing in it and she was really looking forward to making snow angels. Ben called and told us not to try and come to church that night but to enjoy the snow and Ellie and I did, while Quinn watched us from the window. Ben wasn't home to help with the girls and Quinn would not have enjoyed it especially since Ellie wanted to run everywhere. We then came in and had hot chocolate.

 
A Date to See "Frog and Toad" (She had to bring Molly Monks, of course! Molly goes many places with us. Ellie also has to sleep with her every night. Nana gave Monks to Ellie when she was very little and she has become Ellie's little buddy.)

 
Quinn's First Party


 
Valentine Flowers From Daddy

 
Our Sweet Valentines


 
Quinn's Valentine Flowers From Daddy (We had to put them far away as she was wanting to grab them.)


 
Cousins

 
Love this picture. The party is happening all around her but she is in her own world. Describes her exactly.



 
We were dressed for church and were not expecting this to happen!

 
This picture shows perfectly the excitement she was feeling!

 
Our Snowman

 
Making A Snow Angel

 
Our Backyard

1 comment:

Becky said...

All the Valentine decorations look great and I love the flowers Ben got!

I am so glad Ellie finally got her snow! Too much like you and loving the snow! You always had to get out in it as soon as it started falling!