Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dedicated to PopPop

This post is dedicated to my dad, also known as PopPop around here. He loved Halloween when we were growing up and made some of our costumes along with my grandmother and he loved dressing up too. I have wonderful memories of Halloween and wish my dad lived closer as I know he would have loved trick or treating with the girls tonight. We started out tonight by having Mummy Dogs for dinner and then we had a great time trick or treating. Ellie was so much fun and kept us laughing the whole time as she could not wait to ring the "dingbells" at each house and get some more candy. She got to dress up as a little ladybug and Quinn used Ellie's old butterfly costume, which was a little large but still worked for the time we needed. We went to a couple friends' houses nearby so Ellie would feel comfortable and then went to some houses in our own neighborhood. Ellie would have loved to stay out there longer and visit more houses. Next year we know we will have to go to quite a few more than we did this year! Ben said he thinks we had the cutest girls out there and I would have to agree! :)

Mummy Dogs






Trick or Treating at Seth's House

Ellie and her buddy Seth

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your dad would love to be trick or treating with the girls!! It would give him a chance to dust off his nerd costume!! :-) They are the most precious girls I have seen. I love the expressions on their faces!