Sunday, July 6, 2014

Red, White and Blue

We had a wonderfully fun and relaxing July 4th! On the 3rd we all went to the pool, unfortunately we had so much fun Mommy never took a picture. We enjoyed a relaxing time of swimming and Ellie went down the slide millions of times and now is full of courage to do it all the time without help at the top. On the Fourth we enjoyed fun family time playing and relaxing. The girls and I made delicious red, white and blue cupcakes and I could eat them too! They used Greek yogurt and the carb count was low enough for me to enjoy them safely. Ben also made some great ribs and I set up all the water toys in the backyard for the girls to enjoy. After dinner we had family movie night and then ventured out to our usual park to enjoy the fireworks, which the girls were SO EXCITED about. Ben and I love the fireworks just as much as them and have been going together now for 10 years. We had a great day celebrating the freedom we have in this country and are beyond grateful to live in a country in which we can freely have a relationship with Christ!

 Our American Beauties
 Quinny's job is to put the cupcake liners in. She does this for all muffins and cupcakes we make. She is quite efficient!
 Ellie has gotten quite good at helping when we bake. She pours the items in the mixing bowl and is in charge of turning the mixer on and off. She is also the official spoon licker and takes the job very seriously!

 Water Fun!





 Sprinkle Time! I did the frosting, which was Cool Whip, thus the reason I could eat them.
 The girls even had a patriotic meal! While Ben and I enjoyed his AMAZING ribs, the girls had grilled cheese stars!
 Our cupcakes turned out GREAT and tasted GREAT too! It was a little more time consuming than I thought it would be, but I love to bake.
 My Fireworks Snuggles!
 Two Peas in a Pod!

Best Picture I got of the fireworks!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I was thinking of Ben and wondering if he was cooking ribs! It looks like everyone had a fun 4th.

Glad to know Ellie is now the Queen of the Slide at the pool! Can't wait to see her go down it.