Monday, June 30, 2014

Success!

Our container garden is a success! I am so excited we are seeing some produce from our garden! The girls and I planted a couple of vegetables and a couple of flowers. The flowers are growing tall and strong and we have got tomatoes we are enjoying and our radishes grew too. Ellie has taken the role of watering the plants out back and she is loving the responsibility.  I have been enjoying the radishes and tomatoes in my salads and we are waiting for our carrots to be ready. Here are our little gardeners hard at work picking their harvest!







They are so proud of themselves! This past week we discovered some little visitor is stealing our tomatoes and then leaving them half eaten on our back patio! We are more diligent to pick them before they are completely ripe now so we get to enjoy them once they ripen up in the house.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I need some help in my garden! The zucchini is keeping me busy picking. The beans will be a little late due to our friendly local rabbit society who mowed them down. I could sure use Ellie and Quinn!

Your radishes look great! Sorry about your visitor to the garden. Glad the girls are getting some education on growing their own food.